Voting Information: General Election
Election Day is November 3, 2020
Early Voting is October 13, 2020 – October 30, 2020
You can vote at ANY polling location across Harris County
Where can I vote?
You can vote at ANY polling location across Harris County. Find your nearest polling location here.
When can I vote?
- October 13 – 17: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
- October 18: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
- October 19 – 24: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
- October 25: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
- October 26: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
- October 27-29: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m
- *October 29th: 24-hour voting at seven locations
- October 30: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Can I vote by mail?
You are eligible to vote by mail if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Away from the county of residence on Election Day and during the early voting period
- Sick or disabled
- 65 years of age or older on Election Day
- Confined in jail, but eligible to vote
The deadline to apply for a mail ballot is Friday October 23, 2020. Find the application here.
What I.D. do I need to vote?
You must present one of the following forms of photo I.D. when voting in person:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- United States Passport (book or card)
- United States Military Identification Card containing your photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing your photograph
Voters who currently do not have an approved form of photo ID may apply for an Election Identification Certificate (EIC) at no charge with the Department of Public Safety. For more information: Call Texas Department of Public Safetyor visit:
NOTE: Voters who are unable to provide an acceptable form of photo ID or an acceptable supporting document may vote provisionally. Voters will need to sign a provisional affidavit and will have 6 days after the election to cure their ballot by bringing approved photo identification to the Voter Registrar.
What if I miss the deadline to return my mail ballot?
You can return your mail at NRG Stadium.
What should I do if I get turned away at the polls?
PROVISIONAL VOTING: Ask to fill out a provisional ballot! Federal law (Help America Vote Act) stipulates that if a voter appears at a polling place to vote in an election, and for some reason his/her name does not appear on the official roster of voters for that polling place, the voter may cast a provisional ballot if he/she claims to be both eligible to vote in the election and registered to vote in that jurisdiction.
QUESTIONS? Visit the Harris County Clerk’s website: Harris Votes